Andi cries, says she still loves Jake


By on 10:10 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Actress Andi Eigenmann just wants to be happy -- and she doesn’t want to lie anymore.

In a heart-wrenching live interview on “The Buzz” with Boy Abunda on Sunday, Eigenmann confessed that she still loves Jake Ejercito.

“Yes,” she said bluntly, when asked if she still has feelings for former President Joseph Estrada’s son with Laarni Enriquez. However, she clarified that she does not want to be in a relationship anymore with Ejercito, who is currently pursuing his studies in London.

“I don’t want to lie anymore. He told me, I guess that we’ll always be special to each other. It’s just that if he thinks that it has to be a choice between me and doing what other people think is best for him, then [I will] just let him be,” Eigenmann said.

“After what happened [in his interview with media about our breakup and his parents], I’d rather not also be with him.”

However, she said they are still in touch and text each other about once a day.
Eigenmann said she did not read articles about Ejercito’s interview with media, but that he told her about what he had said.

Andi Eigenmann
“Di ko na rin binasa ang articles. Kinwento na lang niya sa akin kung ano nangyari. OK na po sa akin iyon, I still forgave him. Pero iyon nga po, alam ko naman po na di naman niya kinailangang i-defend ang parents niya at my expense, especially na ako ang artista,” she said.

Elie and career

Eigenmann said that recent issues that have come up about her were “uncalled for,” and that they have strengthened her resolve to try and focus on her career and raising daughter Elie.

“Naisip ko, bakit ba kailangan na lang ako parating umasa sa iba, sa kanila? Pwede na lang maging mag-isa. Ako na lang, kaya ko naman po, e,” she said.

“Because of all these issues [which I did not see coming], because of this boy that I’m so in love with, nakalimutan ko na po kung ano ang dapat ko maging priorities. Ang sarili ko, si Elie, trabaho ko po. Right now, that’s all I want to do.”

When asked about a recent post on Twitter where she said she “hated boys,” Eigenmann clarified that it was meant as a joke, though half-meant.

“I don’t necessarily hate boys but it just meant that I’m fine and I prefer to be single right now and focus on my priorities, what matters most, which are Elie and my career,” she said.

She also confessed that her newfound strength came after a bout of self-pity.

“I started feeling na, bakit ganoon ang ginagawa sa akin ng mga taong mahal ako? Siguro masama lang talaga akong tao, kaya masakit po talaga,e. Pero ako pa rin ang masamang tao,” she said.

“Naisip ko, bakit ba kailangan na lang ako parating umasa sa iba, sa kanila? Pwede na lang maging mag-isa. Ako na lang, kaya ko naman po, e. I can raise Elie, I can raise Elie on my own, just the two of us. Now that’s what I want.

The only thing I want is to be happy, ‘coz I really am not,” she said.

“Hindi naman po ako masamang tao, pero ako na lang palagi ang nagiging masama. Pagod na po ako, gusto ko na lang po magtrabaho. Gusto ko maging successful dito, showbiz is my life. Pero mahirap po, but I can’t give up, because I have Elie. Everything that I’m doing now is for her.”

Apology

Despite recent tiffs between her and Ejercito’s mothers, Eigenmann said that she still wants to apologize to “Tita Arni” because she knows that she hates being thrust into the spotlight.

“They’re not really public figures, I mean, the mom, she’s not in showbiz anymore. People don’t really talk about her anymore. It’s not her obligation to share her personal life. Jake also, he’s studying in London, nananahimik na siya,” Eigenmann said.

“Nakakahiya po na dahil ako artista pati sila nadadamay. E hindi naman po sila showbiz, e. Ayaw naman nila ng mga ganyan. I wasn’t able to apologize in person, but I’m still hoping to get a chance. Kasi po, pinalaki naman po ako ng mom ko na maging respectful at saka marunong naman ako umintindi,” she said.