Dawn Zulueta feels sorry for Maricel Soriano


By on 6:53 PM

MANILA, Philippines -- Actress Dawn Zulueta admitted that she feels sorry for veteran star Maricel Soriano, whom she replaced on the upcoming series "Bukas Na Lang Kita Mamahalin."

"Si Ate Maria, I really looked up to her. When I heard the news, I was really surprised. It was very unfortunate. I assure you, I had nothing to do with it," Zulueta said on Monday when she was officially presented to members of the press as part of the new drama series.

Zulueta said she felt sad when she heard about Soriano being dropped from the new soap. "Bilang kapwa artista mo, ayaw mong makarinig ng ganoon. It was too unfortunate," she said.

But at the same time, Zulueta also admitted she feels nervous about filling the shoes of Soriano as she vowed to give her best to make her "Ate Maria" proud.

"I really want to make ate Maria proud. I hope," she said, adding that she's just excited to be working again after the phenomenal success of "Walang Hanggan" last year.

She also doesn't mind that she was just a second choice. "That is not really an issue to me. When it was offered to me I like it," Zulueta said.

On Monday afternoon, the actress, who is considered among the most beautiful women in showbiz, and co-star Anderson also had a photo shoot for the series.

Zulueta earlier confirmed on "The Buzz" that the producers of the series have already sent her the storyline.

Last week, reports on Soriano's alleged outburst on the set of the upcoming drama series circulated online. The 47-year-old actress allegedly lost her temper during filming.