Papa Chen: Fame never changed me


By on 9:08 PM

MANILA, Philippines - Richard Yap, more popularly known as "Sir Chief" of the hit TV series "Be Careful With My Heart", said popularity has not changed him.

"Well, it limits my movement. It limits where I should go or where I should not go but in so far me personally it doesn't change me," Yap told Boy Abunda in an interview with Bandila on Thursday.

Yap said he never thought that he will be accepted warmly by Filipino viewers. He said he is not yet used to his celebrity status but noted that his wife, Melody keeps him grounded.

Asked if he is afraid that his popularity will also end, Yap replied: "I don't let it bother me or pressure me because it's something that I really aspired for but it's a very big blessing."

The actor was first introduced to viewers as "Papa Chen" in the TV series "My Binondo Girl." He found even more fame when he played the leading man in the hit daytime TV soap "Be Careful With My Heart" opposite Jodi Sta. Maria.