Anne chooses 'Showtime' over foreign shows


By on 4:59 AM

MANILA, Philippines - For now, actress Anne Curtis would like to focus on her afternoon program, "It's Showtime," instead of auditioning for roles in shows abroad.

In a press conference for her newest endorsement on Thursday, Curtis shared her excitement over the idea of doing a cameo role in the US series "Hannibal."

But the Kapamilya actress said she cannot just leave her "Showtime" family.

"That was actually a pleasant surprise. I think PR Asia was the one who tweeted and suggested.
Noong sumagot siya, si Mr. Bryan Fuller (creator of Hannibal), 'Oh I would love to, Anne is amazing,' halos mahima-himatay talaga ako sa press event of Smart. But I haven't auditioned for anything yet. If given the time, I would go there and audition for it.

But, I think we all know that when it comes to, even for cameo roles, we have to take the time to audition and travel abroad," Curtis explained.

"Unfortunately, 'yung commitment ko sa 'It's Showtime,' hindi pa pwede. So, hindi pa siguro right time. Isa pa 'yan sa pangarap ko na makapag-audition, may time to audition," she added.

Curtis stressed that her priority now is to make the most of her success in local showbiz.

"I think that will only happen if I take time to audition. Kailangan talaga, that's how it works over there. Wala pa akong time magawa 'yon and that's a giant leap, to leave what I have here to audition there. And hindi pa ako handa, masyado ko pang ine-enjoy 'yung 'It's Showtime,' 'yung dito.

"Alam niyo 'yon, you know, it took me 16 years in showbiz to get to where I am. So, hindi ko hahayaan na i-risk na mawala pa kung nasaan ako ngayon. I mean, eventually yes, pangarap ko 'yon, pero masyado ko pang mahal ang 'It's Showtime," she said.

"Masaya pa rito, masaya pa rito sa Pilipinas," she added.