Kris Aquino rushed to hospital


By on 5:26 PM

MANILA - Taping for "Kris TV" on Tuesday afternoon wrapped up abruptly because host Kris Aquino was brought to the Makati Medical Center.

"Nahilo ako. As in, major pagkahilo while taping in Intramuros... First time ko ma-experience 'yung ganoong level of pagkahilo talaga," a fully recovered Aquino said during the live episode of her primetime talk show "Aquino & Abunda Tonight" on the same day.

Aquino said her tour of Intramuros with guide Carlos Celdran started at 2:00 p.m. at the Manila Cathedral.



 "By about 4:15, talagang umikot na ['yung paningin ko]," Aquino said. "I had cold sweat, extreme headache, body ache and all, so nagpadala na ako sa ospital."

She added: "I was dehydrated, bumagsak lahat ng electrolytes ko. I'm anemic. I had my blood works done... I think that's the red blood cell count and the hemoglobin count was very low. Pero iyon, hereditary 'yon. Pero 'yun lack of electrolytes, I guess it was the heat."

Aquino cautioned viewers against staying outdoors for a prolonged period in the afternoon, as it is this time when the summer is at its peak, according to her doctor.

"Sinabi sa akin ng doktor ko kanina na ang hottest time of the day is about 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., and if possible, avoid being outdoors. It's a lesson learned for us," she said.