Jake Cuenca not yet ready to commit again


By on 10:09 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Although he already admitted that he is in love with actress Lovi Poe, actor Jake Cuenca feels he is not yet ready to get into a new relationship.

In an interview with Push.com.ph, Cuenca said he is still trying to know himself more in light of his past failed relationships.

“I’ve been into so many relationships, I hate to say it, pero lahat ng relationships na ‘yon nag-fail. I did not regret any of my relationships pero I’m in the same process of getting to know myself pa rin. By the time I can [already commit again], I assure you guys 'pag ako nag-commit ulit ‘yun na ‘yon, feeling ko ‘yun na ‘yon,” he said.

Once he becomes sure of what he really wants, he said he would be willing to sacrifice his own happiness for the one he loves.

“Ako naman I think everyone deserves to be happy. Everyone in life deserves to be happy. Ako ang unang taong magsasabing doon ka kung saan ka masaya and kahit kanino naman,” he said.
Last week on “The Buzz,” Cuenca said he loves Poe but this doesn’t mean that they are already in a relationship.

Jake Cuenca
“Yes, I am. Pero you have to ask her din kasi baka naman iba ang nararamdaman niya. I am but we don’t have a relationship. I have feelings for her, I love her pero it’s not a relationship yet,” he said.
Asked what he thinks is stopping them from entering a relationship, Cuenca said: “We’re both very busy and priority talaga naman namin trabaho.”

Meanwhile, Cuenca refused to confirm rumors that Poe is back with her former boyfriend Ronald Singson.

“Just ask her about those things na lang kasi ako naman I don’t want to talk [on] anyone’s behalf. Kung ganon lang ang tanong, it’s better na manggaling na lang kay Lovi,” he said.