Anne says moving to ABS-CBN changed her life


By on 7:40 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Actress Anne Curtis considers her transfer to ABS-CBN one of the “life-changing” decisions she has made.

Curtis, who turns 28 this month, moved to the Kapamilya network in 2004 from rival station GMA7.
In an interview with fellow Kapamilya talent Bianca Gonzalez that appeared in The Philippine Star on Sunday, it was Carmina Villaroel and Gelli de Belen who advised her to make the move.

“I was in ‘Nuts Entertainment with Carmina’ and Gelli, and I was talking to them about it — I should transfer, how I love ‘Nuts Entertainment’ and that it’s so much fun. They asked, ‘Gusto mo bang umarte?’ ‘Here kasi I always get the balikbayan roles, mga comedy, and I want to act.’ They said, ‘Then gawin mo.’ And I did. And that was majorly life changing,” Curtis said.

She also revealed that she had to audition for the series “Kampanerang Kuba,” which she also considers another life-changing moment.


“I knew at that time that direk Wenn (Deramas) was eyeing a different actress. So I went into the audition knowing that there was already someone for the role. But I was so happy that I got the role. Having the guts to say, you know what, go, why not,” she said.

Similarly, she said she was thankful that she chose to play the other woman in the blockbuster movie “No Other Woman,” for which she won a best actress trophy from the FAMAS. Curtis revealed that Viva Films, which produced the movie, originally wanted her to play the wife, which was eventually played by Cristine Reyes.

Curtis also considers joining “It’s Showtime” as another life-changing event.
“It definitely helped change my career all together. People got to see who I was as a person. When I act, I get roles that are either fashionista or mayaman or kontrabida. But they saw how kalog I am in real life which is really, really who I am,” she said.