Bong ends word war vs Mar


By on 4:52 AM

Sen. Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. on Friday said he will no longer prolong a word war with Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas, saying he will wait for the proper time to present evidence of harassment against his family.

"I have decided to no longer engage in a war of words with Secretary Mar Roxas over the incident that transpired in our home in Bacoor on election day, 13 May 2013," he said in a statement.

"For old time's sake and to preserve our personal friendship, I set aside for the meantime my opinions over the matter. Instead of protracting the issue over the media, I choose to just wait for the proper time and venue where I can properly vent my position," he added.

Revilla said he will use the time to gather more evidence in the cases he will file against those responsible for the harassment.

"I am sure that Secretary Roxas is one with me in my quest to correct the errors committed and to make accountable those who have committed abuses. After all, as the good Secretary has said, no one is above the law - even those wearing the uniform and cloaked with power and authority," he said.

Revilla earlier chided Roxas for supposedly being obsessed in running after his family after police surrounded his home on Election Day to arrest civilian armed men who sought refuge inside.

 
Roxas later said the police followed correct procedure in pursuing the armed men, who later claimed to be National Bureau of Investigation agents.

He said that the law stipulates that in cases of police pursuing suspects in a private property, the owner should agree and cooperate with the police.