Richard Gutierrez, Sarah Lahbati expecting baby?


By on 1:46 AM

Beauty queen turned actress Ruffa Gutierrez distanced herself from rumors that her younger brother Richard is currently in Switzerland with Fil-Swiss actress Sarah Lahbati “to welcome the new addition to their family.”

In an interview with ABS-CBN News on Wednesday, Ruffa said she is not in the position to comment on the matter because she hasn’t talked to Richard yet.

“I can’t comment on that because I haven’t seen the alleged new addition to the family. Once I see with my own two eyes… I’ve never actually asked Chard about it because during the time when the news came out, wala akong naramdamang stress sa aming pamilya na namomroblema sila,” she said.

Ruffa said if the rumors were true, she would have heard it from Richard herself.

“I saw Chard in Cebu during Easter and he was happy. Everyone was so happy. Feeling ko hindi totoo 'yung tsismis because feeling ko naman they would tell me just in case na totoo,” she said.

Ruffa said it would also be more proper for the news to come from Richard if he and Lahbati are indeed expecting a child.

“Hindi naman pwede itago ang isang sikreto. If ever there is a child, I’m very happy and we should consider it a blessing if there is one. Huwag naman natin sila unahan. Can I ask him first?” she said.

According to Ruffa, Lahbati comes from a very nice family and she would definitely support the young couple if they plan to have a future together.

“For me, Sarah is a very nice girl. She is really welcome in our family. If Richard sees having a future with her, I would definitely support them because nakita ko na galing sa mabuting pamilya si Sarah at mahal na mahal si Chard,” she said.

Back in January, Richard quashed rumors that his girlfriend is pregnant.

"Parang may nagkalat na lang bigla and, all of a sudden, people are asking me that," the 28-year-old actor said at the time.

Rumors on Lahbati's pregnancy circulated when the actress announced she would be taking a break from showbiz, citing an unhealthy working relationship with her home network.