Jaclyn on daughter Andi: 'I will never stop loving her'


By on 3:23 AM

MANILA, Philippines -- Jaclyn Jose was at a loss for words when asked on the current state of her relationship with daughter Andi Eigenmann, with whom the veteran actress is known to have a rift following her publicized comment on the Kapamilya star's former boyfriend and his family.

At the sidelines of a recent gathering of honorees of the annual Inquirer Indie Tribute, Jose, 48, paused momentarily and responded by saying "silence" when asked if her daughter still comes to her for advice on raising Adrianna Gabrielle, the young actress' 1-year-old child.

After some seconds, Jose began, "I will always be here for her. I will never stop loving her. I will take care of her for the rest of my life."

"I hope everything will... Maging maayos sa kanya. She's okay, we're okay. There," she added. "Sa akin, everything is still normal. She's still my daughter. I love her so much. If there's anything that I did, it was just blown out of proportion."

In November, the veteran actress said in a TV interview that the parents of Eigenmann's then-boyfriend Jake Ejercito do not seem to approve of the "Kahit Puso'y Masugatan" star for their son.

Ejercito is the son of former President Joseph Estrada and former movie star Laarni Enriquez. Estrada, for his part, has repeatedly denied being against his son's relationship with the ABS-CBN actress.

A tearful Eigenmann, 22, later revealed on "The Buzz" that she and Ejercito had ended their relationship.

Last week, the "Agua Bendita" star said she has not spoken with Jose for weeks following her breakup with Ejercito.

"I have no regrets," Jose said of her controversial statement. "My only ano lang... my way of saying it, it was kind of sarcastic, and I admit it. I made a mistake in saying it in a wrong tune, but all I said was true, so there's nothing to deny."

"If ever I'm going to say 'Excuse me,' siguro to Jake, for whatever. But everything that I said was true," she added.

With the holidays nearing, Jose said Eigenmann "has to spend Christmas with me." The veteran actress also shared her New Year's resolution of "[keeping] her mouth shut."
"I hope everything maiwan sa 2012. I hope lahat maging maayos. Maaayos 'yan," Jose said.