Why Lovi Poe won't say yes to Jake Cuenca


By on 6:40 PM

MANILA, Philippines -- Although Jake Cuenca meets her three criteria for a potential boyfriend, Lovi Poe is cautious about entering another relationship, even after the Kapamilya actor admitted his feelings for her on live television.

"I found it really sweet of him," Poe, 23, told StarStudio magazine in its January 2013 issue, referring to Cuenca's "The Buzz" confession that he "loves" the actress.

"For someone to say something like that on TV, coming from him pa, it's really, really sweet. Kahit ako nagulat, I didn't expect that at all," Poe added.

Cuenca's confession on TV came after months of speculation on the real status of his relationship with the actress. The hunk actor maintained, however, that he and Poe are only friends, citing the demands of their respective careers.

For the "Thy Womb" actress, however, her hesitation to say "yes" to Cuenca stems from her experience in her past relationship.

Poe was previously in a relationship with former Ilocos Sur Congressman Ronald Singson.
Although Cuenca meets Poe's criteria for a potential partner -- a good sense of humor, good to her friends and presentable -- the actress "wants to take it slow with anyone that I meet."

"Siguro I was really impulsive before. Siguro I was really drained with my past relationship that I don't know what to give anymore sa next. I don't know what to give again," Poe said.

Open to friendship

At this point, the actress said she prefers being friends with the "very sweet" Cuenca, "since he's also busy with work."

Cuenca recently finished his starring role in the afternoon drama series "Kung Ako'y Iiwan Mo." Currently, he topbills another drama series, "Kahit Puso'y Masugatan," which airs during ABS-CBN's Primetime Bida block.

The drama actor is also set to tackle his first role in a comedy project, via Ronnie Velasco and Jinky Laurel's "Tuhog," where Cuenca co-stars with Eugene Domingo.

"He's an amazing actor," Poe said of Cuenca. "I've never met anyone as passionate as he is with this job. I can't even say I'm as passionate as he is because once he talks about his work, he's like, really into it."