Oops, Willie Revillame hints 'I Wil Return!'


By on 4:52 AM

While the fans and bashers alike have yet to count the remaining days of Willie Revillame on TV, the multi-millionaire host has just hinted he might just do a Douglas MacArthur when he feels like cutting his indefinite leave short five months from now.

Looks like Revillame will never lose the “Wil” brand he has milked over the years--from real estate properties (Wil Tower Mall and Wil Events Place) to production company (Wil Prod, Inc.) and endorsement (Wil Phone), and down to program titles (Willing Willie, Wil Time Bigtime and Wowowillie). The controversial TV host became playful with his name yet again and said “I Wil return!” when Philippine Star entertainment editor Ricky Lo asked what the host is up to next year.

'The daily grind is taking toll on me'

In a letter addressed to TV5 bigwigs Chairman Manuel V. Pangilinan and outgoing President Ray C. Espinosa, Revillame has decided not to renew his contract with the network when it expires on October 15—ending eight years of hosting a daily show, three hours a day, six days a week.

“I must express my deepest gratitude to you and Atty. Ray for the kind gesture of opening the door for me during the most trying moments in my career. For this, I shall forever be grateful. Your unwavering trust and support has kept me motivated in giving my best to provide happiness and hope to our people especially the poor, sick and elderly,” he said in the letter.

He also admitted that the daily grind of doing the show had finally taken toll on him—a reality his frequent absences on the show could attest. “I gave every ounce of energy I had every time I stepped on stage to fulfill my bounden duty to the network, the sponsors, and most of all, to our viewers.

“With a heavy heart, I shall take a much-needed break from show business at the end of my contract. This will allow me to think and ponder whether I should continue my showbiz career or devote my time to the business I have set up over the years,” he continued.

Revillame also conceded that he has brought the network through a lot of adversities and successes, and promised to treasure the network's solid support to him.